Rapides Regional Physician Group now offers Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery. Dr. H. Stephen Maguire joined RRPG to assist in Trauma Services, as well as provide cosmetic services. Among the cosmetic services offered are breast reduction, abdominoplasty, tummy tuck, mommy makeover, breast implants, breast augmentation, and breast lift. For more information, call (318) 442-5800.
- Breast reduction
- Breast reconstruction
- Skin cancer removal
- Surgical management of chronic wounds
- Trauma Care
Body Contour Surgery: What you need to know
Bariatric patients should consult with their bariatric surgeon or primary care physician before considering Body Contour surgery. The patient’s weight should be stable for at least three months before Body Contour surgery. This may take a year or longer after bariatric surgery.
In addition, nutritional deficiencies are common after bariatric surgery, including protein malnutrition and deficient levels of nutrients such as vitamin B12, vitamin D, iron, calcium and folate. All of these conditions should be identified and corrected before Body Contouring is performed.
Body Contour procedures may include:
- Facelift: Sagging of the mid-face, jowls and neck
- Breast Lift: Sagging, flattened breasts
- Tummy Tuck: Apron of excess skin hanging over the abdomen
- Lower Body Lifts: Sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, groin, outer thighs and back
- Medial Thigh Lift: Sagging of the inner, outer and mid-thigh
- Arm Lift: Sagging of the upper arms
The most common Body Contour procedures in men are surgery to remove excess tissue in the chest, back and arms (upper body lift) and in the genital area. Women are more likely to undergo surgery on the thighs and buttocks (lower body lift) and upper arms.
There is limited insurance coverage for Body Contour surgery. Body Contour surgery costs may include:
- Anesthesia fees
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Medical tests
- Post-surgery garments
- Prescriptions for medication
- Surgeon’s fee